Bridges to Russia: Customs and Personal Studies
Category : Latin Mail Order Bride
Sign up for the 2019 system!
The STARTALK Student Program, ‘Bridges to Russia: community and Social Sciences’ aims to sign up 20 twelfth grade Russian heritage pupils (14-18) in a four-week intensive language program meeting five hours each day for a complete of 100 instructional hours. Pupils increase their proficiency in Russian by examining exactly exactly exactly how history along with other social sciences assist them to know the planet around them. The students works closely having a senior Russian-speaking community user and conduct an interview, that they can have in course. All interviews would be gathered and changed into ‘Bridging the Generations’ task which is posted within the community newsprint and on the program’s web site.
Bridge 1: Language
- Raise your bilingual prospective by enhancing your speaking, reading and writing proficiency in Russian
- Learn how to conduct interviews
- Gain experience with making use of Russian in formal contexts
Bridge 2: Tradition
- Gain a much better knowledge of the 20th-century reputation for the Soviet Union therefore the Russian Federation
Bridge 3: Generations
- Read about the generation which has resided in most cases in the Soviet Union: the generation that has been created before WWII, survived the Nazi career regarding the Soviet Union, rebuilt the united states following the war and emigrated through the USSR at a senior years
- Provide community service that is valuable
- Help near the gap that is generational Russian-speaking community
Bridge 4: Today’s Russia
- Find out about the full life of teens in Russia
- Interview prominent intellectuals that are russian
Whenever: 24 – July 19, Monday – Friday 9am-3pm june
Where: Harvard University
Whom: Russian history learners ages 14-18
Just Exactly Just What:
- Intensive content-based language system with a give attention to social studies and Russian reputation for the XX century
- Research of contemporary culture that is russian
- Pupils will require AAPPL, WPT (Writing Proficiency Test), OPIc (Oral Proficiency Interview computer-based) ACTFL edorsed
- Registration fee – $100
- This program is totally free (and it is non-residential)
I truly enjoyed just just just how Russian and history that is soviet social studies linked to modern Russian tradition and long-standing traditions. Having lecturers additionally helped notify me more about the features and values of Russian/Soviet history and customs. Interviewing folks from past generations that lived through significant occasions ever sold has also been a tremendous experience, when I discovered exactly exactly latin for sale what life had been like during those times from the perspective that is first-person. This program promoted collaboration among a diverse number of pupils, which designed for a successful learning experience.
Felix Malamud (alumnus 2016)
I happened to be pleased that my child surely could go to the StarTalk summer system at Harvard university. Not just it did it expose her to a much deeper experience of Russian language, tradition and history, but in addition allowed my child to create enduring friendships with children near to her age that is own with passions, and talking Russian at a college level, more than she will get from time to time conversation in the home. She had been desperate to get every time and enjoyed it greatly. She labored on a certain project discovering Marc Chagall and had the initial possibility to see their works in the Harvard vault which are not offered to public that is general. I really believe that my child arrived on the scene richer in knowledge, language and tradition visibility and friendships — it had been a indispensable experience for her.
Alexandra Ruban (parent of alumna 2017)
Для меня программа STARTALK была чудесным опытом. Благодаря этой программе я познакомилась с людьми, которые, как и я, американцы первого покаления. В результате этого знакомства у меня появилось много хороших друзей, чьи семьи тоже прошли иммиграцию. Я до сих пор поддерживаю с ними связь. Кроме того, я провела один месяц на кампусе Гарварда. В Гарвард идут учиться самые умные люди со всего мира. И конечно те знания, которые я получила от прекрасных учителей STARTALKa, помогают мне понять истоки моей культуры, семьи и меня сaмой глубже. Я очень рекоммендую эту программу всем.